Saturday 24 March 2012

Colorful Tulip


I made a card by painting a colorful tulip to my new Postcrossing friend Gillian, who likes strong colors and also paints by herself. 


I attached a card of a painting by Finnish artist Reidar Särestöniemi (1925-1981) who is famous of his strong colors.


I decorated the envelope with pictures of fabric by Finnish Marimekko http://www.marimekko.com/

p.s. I'm very close to win the photo competition which I mentioned in my previous post, so please go and vote for my picture, picture number 43, in the post http://pienilintu.blogspot.com/2012/03/pehmea.html  in Pienilintu blog! :) 
THANK YOU! :) 

6 comments:

  1. I voted for cute Sissi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tulip painting. You're very talented. Is it done with watercolor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patty!
      I have used Derwent Inktense pencils which I have started to like a lot. I don't draw with them but I take color of them with brush and paint normally. They can be used like watercolor pencils but the color in them is more intensive and becomes water resistant when it dries. The black color in my painting is bottled ink.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for the beautiful tulip painting, I love the vibrant colours. Thank you also for the Art card and for the way you have decorated the envelope, it was a very nice package to come in the post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you liked the delivery!
      I also have now received your beautiful card and just blogged about it. The card is really beautiful, thank you very much Gillian!

      Delete